There are so many ways in which sleep affects your mind, your body and your health. Although you probably think you know the obvious ways lost sleep can poorly affect your health, it impacts you on so many other different levels that you won’t realize.
- A sleep study of 1741 men and women over a 10 to 14 year period, found that those who slept for less than 6 hours a day, significantly increased their mortality risk.
After Just one night of poor sleep, you are…
- More likely to eat more and over eat.
- More likely to have an accident
- Not going to look your best
- More likely to catch a cold
- Losing brain tissue
- Be more emotional
- Be less focused and have memory problems
After experiencing poor sleep for a while, your…
- Risk of obesity jumps
- Stroke risk quadruples
- Risk of some cancers can increase
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Sperm count decreases
- Risk of death increases
Need we say more? If you are having trouble sleeping, especially over a period of time, you really need to do something about it.
Image source: http://visual.ly/lose-sleep-lose-your-mind-and-health